Thursday, October 22, 2015

Cracking the Code

I think that everyone should learn how to code because without coding there would be no devices/computers.  Without devices or computers there would be no apps for those who like video games or if someone needs to answer questions that they don't know the internet has the answer! People should learn how to code because then there would be more video games in the future. I've been told that coding is also used to make video games and to make the characters in your video game do what you want them to do. Like for example in this really hard video game Geometry Dash, if you tap or hold on the screen, it will jump, but only on a platform. I was also doing this game called "Hour of Code" where you need to try get the bird to the pig by using the go forward, left and right buttons etc. And I know level 14 of that game is really hard and looks impossible but I eventually I will find out how to crack the code.

My first experience ever that I remember doing was last week in Mr. Sanderl's period 3. In my opinion, Lesson 1 started off really easy but it started to get harder at level 9, I even needed help from my teacher! But it once again got easier and I got further without help until level 14 which was a level where you have to get the zombie over to the sunflower. I needed even more help from my teacher but I was kinda a noob so it was really hard for me compared to others. I couldn't even finish lesson 1 because I was out of time for recess to do my homework and on the GT Focus wall the spot where it said lesson 1 got changed to "Lesson 2"! I felt like that was so unfair because I only had three levels left to do before I finished the whole lesson!

If I could design any program or game it would be called "Neighboor hood dash." The point of the game is so at first there is a bully who goes to the same school as your character and this person lives really close by one day. So you need to try run from the bully, along with his or her gang because sometimes in this game there are boy and girl bullies who you need to run from. In this game, you only have one route back to your house so it is kinda hard. When you beat levels you unlock better and faster characters. You are in different locations for each level so don't expect yourself to be in the same location for each level.




No comments:

Post a Comment