Thursday, October 1, 2015

My Humorous Monologue


MorimotoM_Comedy from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.

What I have learned in Mr. Sanderl's GT class so far in this project is how to use the camera to film my Monologue. I have also learned that it is important to practice your Monologue a lot before filming or at least until I can actually memorize my monologue without the paper with my monologue. Also, using iMovie is required when you need to film scenes of you telling your monologue and filming your scenes. What is really required for this project is a camera, what is used to film your monologue and of course your B-Roll. And you need to slide over a little lid in your given camera and you will see a sim card, press on it to come out and plug it into your computer and you will see your footage.             

Padding is when you wait three seconds before recording your video that you want or need to make and also waiting three seconds after you record your video before stopping. Padding is very important/crucial because if you just start  your video before waiting three seconds that part of your video will get cut off of your recording. One day, I was watching my footage of myself telling my joke in my GT class but I noticed that the first part of my video was cut off. I got confused and wondered why it got cut off. So I asked Mr. Sanderl why the first part of my footage got cut off. He told me that if you just start recording your video without waiting three seconds and waiting three seconds before you end your video after you are done with it. He told me that this is called Pad and he said that is very important to use this when recording your video.

What I could improve on is being more expressive while telling my joke. I remember watching myself telling my joke and I wasn't being very expressive so I had to take some re-takes which wasn't good. But over all on my final re-take I was doing pretty good. I realized that it is a good idea to be more expressive. So I was being pretty expressive on my first clip, and my last clip. I was also being expressive when I was saying the part of my joke of the trolls being hidden in the cabinets. But some of my junky scenes were "When period 3 started, we all came into the room." and same with a lot of other parts when I was first recording. But honestly, when I realized that I was not being expressive, this really made me try to be expressive on my final take while recording my Comedic Monologue.


No comments:

Post a Comment